Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Almost Two!

It might be the cliche statement of mothers, but I really can't believe how fast time flies. Levi is three weeks away from turning 2. Three weeks away from being a "real" toddler. Sigh, no longer a baby. But, I am really loving this stage and I wanted to document what he is up too right now, more for me than anything else, so I don't forget. : )

Talkative...he is quite the parrot these days (watch out what you say!). It has also been like a mirror reflecting back at me. Many of the little sayings he has are what I say. Such as "Yeah, okay". I didn't realize how much I said "Okay" until he started saying it. He will say it when he wants something, and he thinks if he says it, it is as good as done. "Cake, yeah! okay. Cake." He also started saying "um" when I ask him questions, which I, um, do a lot of too. Here are a few more of his sayings...
-"Ready, set, GO!"
- "1-2-3 Blast off!"
-"Shake your booty" (learned this when we were teaching him some dance moves)
-"Hold you" (when he wants to be held)
-"Lightening McQueen go CACHOW!" (Watched a little too much cars when he was sick, the only way to get him to rest though)
-"Is it?" (as in what is it, I'm sure "why" will be coming soon)

Silly boy!

Repetitive...He not only talks a lot, but repeats himself. Most of the time I think he just wants to talk and doesn't know what else to say so he just repeats the same question over and over. My favorite is when we are in the car and he will keep repeating "Mama,...Mama..." and even though I ask him what he wants, he just keeps saying "Mama" for no reason other than he loves me or he is bored. We have concluded that he is a verbal processor. Before he falls asleep he will literally recap an entire sequence of events from that day in the exact order they happened.
He loves to help me bake, cheering me on with "Go Mama
 mixer!"
But he really just wants the beater, sometimes he shares.
Imaginative...His imagination is starting to show and I love watching the little games he will play or activities he comes up with. He will play peekaboo with his toys, food, or pacifier. He loves to pretend to sleep and then yell, "Wake up!". He also likes to hide and then yell, "hiding! Find me!". I usually find him partially hidden under a blanket. Still working on his hiding skills. : ) He is also quite silly, telling me there is a pig in our backyard. Or that his poo is pink. Sorry about the last one, but Levi is very interested in the subject. I think we are about ready to potty train.
Riding his car with a hamper over his head, normal two year old behavior.
Singing...He loves to sing. He usually will sing the beginning and then wants you to finish it. His favorites being "Ring Around the Rosie" (This is mostly sung on the trampoline...he likes the falling down part), "Row Your Boat", "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Happy Birthday", "Bumblebee", and "Little Red Caboose". The last two are from our Parent Participation Class, which is a favorite activity of his as well.

Loves to visit his daddy at the fire station.



















Active...Some things never change and Levi is still in love with jumping. Since we don't have a trampoline yet, we resort to jumping on the bed, in his crib and off the couch. Just bought a Beanbag chair for that last one! He also loves to dig. We hope to have a real sandbox someday soon, but for now this hole in our yard will have to do.
Digging with there shirts off. Brendan did this once with him because it was warm out. The next day I let him outside and I look over and he is trying to get his shirt off!

In love with his blue shovel.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

what a cutie... :)

dooleynoted said...

Gosh! He's getting so big! I'm not even a mom, but time sure does fly by. He's almost a little man, Kac.