Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Play area completed!

I finally finished a room! And when I say finished, I mean, it looks finished. I am sure I will be tweaking it and moving things around since that is just what I do. But it looks done and that is more than I can say for the rest of the rooms in the house! For the last few months, whenever asked what we are working on at the house, my standard answer is Brendan is still working on the electrical (which should be done soon!), and I am still trying to get rooms and walls filled so it looks like we actually live here! Well, I have completed one room.


Here is what it looked like a few months ago.


One of our first purchases after moving was the carpet squares from flor.com. I highly recommend these felt ones. They are easy to keep clean, I just vaccum and since they are squares you can remove individual ones to clean more heavily. They are soft, but not too soft that you can't drive cars on them. Very important in this household. The table and chairs where a Christmas present from Grandma  Lolo and a big hit.


As you can see our orginal shelve was getting a bit full (it has sinced moved into Levi's closet for more storage). A huge thank you to Carly for delivering me the amazing Ikea Expedit shelve!! Getting to an Ikea around here is sadly a bit of a challenge, the closest being three hours away and rarely ever fits into your travel plans. So I have been waiting for that baby to arrive to finally pull the room together. The magnetic board is also Ikea.


 Since its a play area I wanted it too be fun and education, but not too kiddish since it is right off the living room. So I added a little map and letter decor to finish it off.


This area was a bonus for us, I think it was supposed to be a second eating area. It makes a great place to play since we can see him from the kitchen and living room, plus the toys stay somewhat contained. Somewhat.


One down, nine more to go.

2 comments:

Trisha and Paul said...

I love it! You did a great job. Now can you come do our house?!

Turner Family said...

looks great kace! now if only it would stay that neat and organized. :/