So I have a love-hate relationship with window treatments. I love how they can completely transform a room, but I have always had a hard time finding drapes I really liked, and (here is where the hate part comes) I was willing to spend money on. Are drapes and hardware not way too expensive? Okay, I know I'm cheap, but I think others find it annoying too, right? Well, our house has two huge, beautiful windows, we are talking 10 feet wide and 5 feet tall. I loved them, until I realized I had to buy window treatments for them. I couldn't cheap it either since they are in the front and make the house a fish bowl at night. And so started the 5 month process of finishing the drapes, sad I know.
After a TON of back and forth I decided to just do curtain panels on either side for decoration and then purchase bamboo shades for privacy. Well, if you have bamboo blinds you might know that they aren't always that private especially on huge windows. The first set I ordered were completely see through. After hunting around again I found ones at Lowes that have a privacy backing, plus they could be cut in the store to fit! Yes!
But the best part, did you notice the awesome hardware. I saw this on a blog and I love the industrial patina of copper. We just used two different sizes of pipe to make it adjustable and the ends are copper "T's". The mounting hardware and rings were spray painted copper to match. It was probably half the cost of buying regular hardware!
So we finally have privacy in our living room. Only 8 more windows to go, sigh. At least the bedrooms already had blinds : )
2 comments:
Nice work! Yes window treatments are outrageously expensive. Now I know why the previous owners took all the blinds in our house when they foreclosed. Grrr!
Good job! Im impressed and I can't wait to see them in person!
Post a Comment