Friday, December 2, 2011

Wahoo! It is done!

It's done, the fireplace that is. Almost six months ago we bought our house and the fireplace looked like this...


Brendan immediatley got out his sledge hammer, we invited some friends over and soon we had this...



When we moved in a month later it was a working fireplace, but looked like this...


Sadly that is how it sat for five months. But now, just in time for Christmas, drum roll please, it looks like this...


I love the mantle that Brendan built. Pretty good job for someone that has never really worked with wood! And I love that we ended up going with granite on the top of the bench.


The travertine tile is still growing on me. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, I think I just need to get used to it. I'm still shocked when I look over, expecting to see a boring blank wall. But it's not a construction zone in my house. Oh, and did you notice Brendan also fixed the floor.

 And of course, I'm already in the process of decorating the mantle, pictures to come soon!

4 comments:

I am Katy, said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it all decorated.

KYLE AND LISA said...

Looks great you guys! Good work

Ryan and Camille said...

yea! so fun to have a project finished isn't it!?

Ann Smith said...

Way to go. I can definitely relate to construction zones in homes. We're getting our garage floor resurfaced just one week before the wedding and have our freezer in the hallway by the front door! It's handy......
I love your blog. Sounds like a fun place to visit.