I'm on a roll with re-purposing projects lately. I love it when something is two seconds from going to Goodwill and all of sudden is given new life. All of these projects cost me $5 or less, holla! Sorry, but how can you beat that.
1. Wire picture hanger: Re-purpose - old frame, no glass. Need - wire, clips and eye hooks.
I first got this idea from Pottery Barn and I have since seen it in other stores as well. I had a nice frame that I couldn't return after it didn't fit a piece of art. I pre-drilled holes around the frame, screwed in the eye hooks and then twisted the wire on. The vertical wire pieces were wrapped around each horizontal piece once. I already had the clips, which might get painted. If you don't like seeing the eye hooks you could use other picture hanging hardware, they are just more expensive. I also think it would be fun to add fabric behind it. You could do a collage of a bunch of smaller frames, old vintage ones would be awesome. So many options!
2. Ceramic fruit bowl. Re-purpose - ceramic bowl or vase. Need - Spray paint
I loved the shape of the pedestal bowl but it totally clashed in the new kitchen. So a can of spray paint later and its back in the kitchen! I recommend primer first and then using a glossy finish coat. Its not quite as glossy as the original ceramic, but it works. I still think I might add a stripe of color or maybe wrap the bottom with rope, hmmm?
3. Clock. Re-purpose - clock (duh). Need - Paint, stencils
Our old kitchen had a Tuscan theme going on, so we had this grape clock. I took it apart, painted the face a bright teal, which was too bright. So I spray painted it the same color as the bowl, then lightly sanded it to allow a little of the teal to show through. I then stenciled on the four numbers in an aqua craft paint, and spray painted the hardware with copper spray paint (already had from a really fun project I will share soon). And voila!
4. Chalkboard sign. Re-purpose - metal or wood sign. Need - chalkboard paint
I had a metal sign that had grapes on it, again Tuscan theme. I promise my house was not filled with grapes! I sprayed it with chalk board paint and wrapped some wire around already attached hardware. I used one of those command strip hooks (love these!) and now I have a sign I can change with the season or event!
Have you re-purposed anything lately?
3 comments:
YOu are so creative. Where do you get all this great ideas?
love them all!
Great ideas!
Post a Comment