Friday, September 23, 2011

In the words of Levi

The child is talking fool! According to my mom I was a chatterbox too, and just like Levi talked non-stop, which is funny to me since I don't consider myself a talker. It's so fun being able to communicate and hear him discover new words. I could just listen to his little voice all day, well, the sweet voice, not the squawky, whiny one. But don't you just love how little kids say things with funny inflections and added or missing syllables, so cute! When I last posted about Levi he had about three words in his repertoire, now he is upwards of maybe forty. I can't keep track, he is always learning new ones and I'm sure there are some I just haven't recognized as words yet. Here are a few of his favorites and mine...

"Truhh" (Truck), usually followed by Vrooom! What can I say, he is a boy and he loves all things motorized. He has been saying truck for awhile, but has now added mo-mo (motorcycle), bus, and some form of tractor and car. All followed by "vroom!" mind you. It helps that his dad drives a firetruck for a living which he calls "dada trucks".

"choo-choo" Since we moved a block from the train tracks this has became a beloved pass time. Any time he hears the train, his eyes light up, he yells "choo-choo!" and looks for anyone to pick him up and take him to the driveway to watch.

"On" and "dowwwn" (said in a deep voice). Levi has always loved having lights, fans and other things turned on and off, so its not a surprise he has learned "on", usually followed by "push". Down is kinda funny, since I think most kids learn up first. He is obsessed with our garage doors and for some reason only says "down" when referring to them. It's really funny when he says these words, very manly.

"unn" (one) said while holding up one finger. Levi has learned to count! We say one, two, three a lot before he jumps or goes down the slide. One day before jumping to me, he looked at me expectantly holding up one finger and said "un". Its so cute!


Byeeee! Hieee! (very loud). The child is loud when he wants to be but mostly with these words. He says bye to everything and everyone. People will be chuckling several aisles down after one of his "Byeees!" He is very friendly although it must be on his terms. If someone says hi to him first he plays shy and coy. But, oh, if they are ignoring his cuteness he will yell "hieeee" and then "byeee". Only on his terms though. Brendan says I have to start saying bye more manly because Levi says it just like me. Whatever, its entertaining.

"beh-beh" (Bellybutton) He has been obsessed with his bellybutton for months now. Every morning and several times through out the day he has to check if it is still there and of course make sure everyone in the room has one too. Be prepared. He doesn't take no for an answer.

"Mama", "Dada", "Rah-row" (Rocco) and anyone else in the room. He loves to point and name people and whatever we are all doing at the time. So let's say he is drinking his "joose" (juice) then he has to name everyone elses "joose" or their "cha" (chair) or "shoe"...I think you get the idea.

"Chip"...the boy has an infinity for all things carbs. I have no idea where he gets that from. : )

And I will leave you with this one..."Peasss" (Please), so sweet, yet he will only say it when asked too. He is a stinker, just look at that face.
Perfect arm placement, ha!

2 comments:

Ryan and Camille said...

yea! I love your updates and have been checking so its fun to get to see you again!

KYLE AND LISA said...

AH, Em is obsessed with saying and pointing to her "beh-beh" (Bellybutton) :-) Weee, so fun! xx