Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Home

Home is a word that I have been reflecting on a lot lately. Especially as I look around our first home with its blank walls and stacks of boxes. I love this house, but it doesn't feel like home anymore. When I go up to our new house, it doesn't feel home either. When I am here I feel sad to leave. When I am there I get excited for a new adventure. You hear all these sayings, "Home is where the heart is" and "What I love most about my home is who I share it with". But right now, home is comfort. Home is the place I always feel welcome. Home is the place I am most familiar. Neither of our "homes" feel this way. Transitions are necessary and good, but they are hard. I know our new house will feel like home as we unpack, decorate, and fill it with memories. So I guess for now I will live in the in-between.

via pintrest

No comments: