Thursday, June 9, 2011

We are getting closer

We are getting closer to closing escrow! Talk about a crazy, frustrating process. The loan peeps have been hounding us, "get me this paper, now this paper, you need to come in and go over this." He even said to us "I need this ASAP, ASAP". Geesh. And yet, after being told we would close this week we didn't because they didn't ASAP, ASAP their paperwork, grrr. Oh well. Yesterday, we signed our life away. I signed my full name so much it began to look weird to me. And then we headed to the bank to completely empty out our account, sigh. Goodbye 5 years of savings. That was hard to swallow. We should be receiving the keys next Tuesday if all the other guys can get there act together. So, on to the point of this post, saying goodbye to San Luis Obispo. Yes, I realize we are only moving 20 minutes away, but it will never be the same. Here are a few things we have done and a few more to come...

Dinner and a movie date night, we ate at Bouna Tavola (best Italian and where we had our first date)

Dinner at Nuccis
Lunch at Lincoln Deli
Twisters from Fosters Freeze (Our celebratory act after signing papers)
Avila Valley Barn...I know it isn't SLO, but we will moving farther away.


Hiked Bishops Peak...excuse the poor quality, we only had our phones on us.



Still to come...
Farmers Market
Concerts in the Plaza
"Bopping" around downtown and eating fro-yo from Bali's
Eating at Jaffa (The best Greek food ever!)


Reading back over this post I was laughing at how much our favorite things revolve around food, ha!

2 comments:

KYLE AND LISA said...

Aw, good luck! What's the move date? ...those are a good list of your recommendations for SLO, for us anyways.

Tim and Debra said...

I am glad things are moving along. Sounds like you are doing lots of fun "lasts" you are right it is not far away but things never will be the same.