Saturday, June 18, 2011

Moving Tip: Boxes


Moving supplies are WAY too expensive, it really chaps my hide. (yes, I really did just say that.) So obviously I would prefer to spend as little as possible on those items. Here is what I have found in my search for cheap boxes.

1. The beloved Craigslist. After people move, they post their moving boxes in the free section. Sweet, right? Accept I, sadly, had no luck. I was a minute late every, stinkin' time.

2. Drive around to your local stores searching and asking for boxes in decent shape. Not worth the time for me in this stage of life, but I have done it before.

3. usedcardboardboxes.com Yes, that really is a website. And it is awesome. After not having any luck with good, ole Craig and the move quickly approaching, I got online and priced out boxes. I came across this website not only is it environmentally friendly, it was by far the cheapest. You have to purchase a kit that includes different amounts of boxes in different sizes depending on your needs, plus it comes with packing tape and paper. Perfect!! They arrived the other day and they look like boxes that were used once. There are company logos on them, but no handwriting that could confuse your labeling. Yay!

This is how happy we will be moving our boxes from usedcardboardboxes.com

And when we are finished, we will snuggle with them.

4 comments:

Tim and Debra said...

Ya who the heck wants to pay for cardboard boxes. They are such a necessity though. I guess now you have a lot more play toys for Levi when they get all unpacked

Trisha and Paul said...

This made me laugh. Loving the happy family snuggling with those boxes!

Pratt Family said...

Your posts crack me up! Keep them coming!

Jen Bryce said...

now that's funny! -jen