**For some reason my original post on May 11 went to blogging abyss...not sure what is going on with blog spot, grrr.
The story of our house hunting adventure...
If you go all the way back to the beginning it has been about a two year process. It started with the crash of the market and we figured it would be a good time to buy for us, but since we weren't ready to actually move we looked at getting another rental property. We looked all over the county and in other counties too, but never found that deal. Then Levi entered the picture and we became more aware of the fact that soon we would have to leave our beloved little house. We narrowed our search for a new home for us, yet we still looked all over the county. If we had all the money in the world we would live in San Luis Obispo. We absolutely love it, it has become our hometown. But for the life we want to live, we just can't afford it. Remember that quote about having a house to live your dreams from my last post? So we decided Atascadero was the next best thing (I know, I just said Atascadero was next best). Why you ask? Its only 15 minutes north of San Luis, both Brendan's brothers live there, and it has beautiful and affordable properties. And that was just what we were looking for, property. We wanted a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with a good (or potentially good, I love to knock down walls!) floor plan on at least an acre. Doesn't seem that hard, right? We were even willing to do a major remodel if the price was right. Well, after offering on seven houses, being in escrow once (for 5 weeks) and looking at over hundred homes we have finally done it....we have bought a house! Yikes! Well, almost, we are still in escrow, due to close at the beginning of June. The best part, it was the cheapest house we liked and had the least amount of projects. Besides a few fun things, it is move in ready (That is just unheard of in this family!).
You might be wondering why the "Bittersweet" blog title? Let me explain, see remember I said we LOVE San Luis and we LOVE our little house, so saying goodbye is the bitter part. The only regret we have about the house is that we have to move. I know we're crazy, why not just stay? Because eventually in the next year or so we would have to move. Its a great time to buy now. I am tired of living in house limbo and I am ready to rip off the band aid and start our new life in A-town. We have some fun plans to say goodbye to San Luis amidst the craziness of packing and projects (ugh, that stressing me out just writing it) and we will keep you posted on that.
I'll post pictures soon of the house and stay tuned for a lot of house projects and DIY ing!
1 comment:
Congrats roomie! I understand the bittersweetness. I was sad to move out of our tiny green house, the one we lived in for our first 5 years in Ventura. There are some exciting things ahead for you, hope we get to come see your new place sometime!
Post a Comment