Yup, you read that right...lasagna in the crock pot, easy and delicious. I found the recipe in Real Simple magazine and had to try it. Family approved!
Here is the original recipe with my tweaks in parenthesis:
2 10oz packages of frozen spinach thawed and squeezed to remove excess water (I used 1 1/2 bags of fresh spinach...at the beginning it took up A LOT of room but quickly cooked down)
1 cup ricotta
3/4 c grated parmesan (3 oz)
3 c marinara sauce (I used more, about 1 1/2 jars)
6 regular lasagna noodles (yup, you guessed it, I used about twice that)
1 1/2 c grated mozzarella (used 2 cups)
I also added:
minced garlic in the sauce
1 yellow and 1 red pepper sliced
fresh basil (tossed with spinach)
1. In a bowl, mix together ricotta, Parmesan, and spinach (don't do this if using fresh spinach!) In a second bowl, mix together the marinara sauce and 1/2 cup water (plus garlic).
2. Spread some marinara mixture in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with noodles, more marinara sauce, spinach (plus peppers), the 3 cheeses. Repeat this one more time. Top with more noodles, marinara and the remaining mozzarella.
3. Cover and cook on low until the noodles are tender. About 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment