As most of you may know Brendan and I have been on the hunt for a new house. It all started two years ago when the market dropped and we started casually looking. At the time, we were looking all over the county at everything from a single family home, to rental properties and even a family compound (yikes!). With the addition of Levi, we finally committed to looking for our new home in Atascadero. We chose Atascadero because of the affordable and beautiful properties that were available, plus both Brendan's brothers live there. Right around that time we made our first offer and thought we were well on our way to owning a "real" house. Well, for many reasons, we are now on our sixth offer which isn't looking so good. Ugh! It has been a frustrating and LONG process to say the least. With every offer I envision myself living in that house, and I pull farther away from the house I am in. I feel stuck. The other day, as I was dwelling on the fact that I can't redecorate for it be a waste of money, I decided I need to just be thankful for where I'm at. Here is what I came up with...
1. I'm still in San Luis Obispo!
2. I have a view of Madonna and Bishops peak from my window and yard.
3. Our house is done with no major projects left to do.
4. I can vacuum my house from one plug.
5. Everything is blooming in the yard.
6. Our mortgage is pretty cheap, so we don't have to be on a REALLY tight budget yet, just somewhat tight.
7. And the biggest reason, I love this little yellow house that Brendan and I built with our blood, sweat and tears. It is our first home and I am not looking forward to having someone else live here.
3 comments:
I am so jealous of 2,3 (how awesome!) and 5.... But mostly jealous over 1! ;) ...praying for a successful house hunt!
Oh and 4, so cool!
that house has come so far with all your hard work. i will miss it even when i am all excited for your new house! i have been feeling the same need to enjoy my house before we move - its really therapeutic for me to look around and realize what we've been able to do here.
Post a Comment