I feel like I haven't been home in a month, I guess that is because I actually haven't. Brendan was able to get about 3 weeks of vacation time during peak fire season! We first went to Mendocino to celebrate my cousin's marriage. We had a crazy time with my cousins and afterwards Brendan and I camped for a few days. We came home, Brendan worked for 3 days and then we headed out to the east coast. First stop was Boston to visit our friend Scott and site see. We walked the freedom trail, took a bike tour, and enjoyed the local food and history. We loved Boston! It was clean, pretty, lots to do, and the transit was easy to use. Our favorite part was all the American history that happened right there and the beautiful brick buildings. Next stop was New York were we did the normal tourist things and ATE! Oh man did we have seem good eats. But unfortunatley NY didn't live up to my expectations. I loved seeing the sites but the city itself was dirty, the subway was annoying and to my "love for wide open spaces" mind, claustrophobic. We still had a blast. I loved the broadway show we saw "Young Frankenstein", hilarious. (I never won the Wicked lottery). Probably our favorite places were central park and down in the financial district and on the boat tour. Last stop, New Jersey where we celebrated Brendan's cousin Eric's wedding. And now I'm in Roseville ( more on that later) and I have to go back to work on the 13th. Oh where did the summer go...: (



4 comments:
So much fun! Miss you guys and hope that you are well!
Wow..you are LAAAAGGING on the updates! How're you doing friend?! :)
Ahem, ahem... NEW POST please :)
oops - i was logged in as jon. that obnoxious comment was from me!
Post a Comment