Thursday, April 17, 2008

28

Let me start by saying I realize 28 is still young yet, turning 28 last week got me thinking about age and growing up. I realized long are the days of pure excitement and joy as a birthday approaches. I awaited a birthday anxious and excited months before anticipating the party, gifts and possible freedom that comes with getting older. Now I still have feelings of excitement because I know I will recieve calls, cards, and gifts from friends and family, but there is still a small sense of dread. Each year now doesn't bring freedom, it seems it just brings more responsibility and almost less freedom as you are more dedicated to your job, house, family, etc... None of these are bad, they are things I want, it is just different. As much as I am dreading 30 because to me it seems old, I am also partly excited. I have heard so much about how in your 30's, 40's, 50's and so on, you become more confident in who you are and you know yourself better. Who doesn't want that...so part of me says lets get 30 over with, so I can know who I am and not care what everyone thinks! The twenties are so full of freedom, excitement, and self-discovery, and yet so exhausting! So there are my thoughts on age as of right now, just thought I would put it out in cyberspace! : ) Oh and being married to an older man always makes me feel younger...that just might be the secret!!!

2 comments:

I am Katy, said...

You're funny, Kacy. And, 28 is old, until I get there at the end of the year, then it will be young. :)

Happy Birthday!

We are the Ganyos.... said...

Amen about getting 30 over with! It looms over my head with fear and dread yet I know once Im there I'll be fine, even happy, and glad to have entered a new season..... Anticipating it is horrible though. My 20's might as well be over because the last 2 years are characterized so much by fear of being 30....and Im not even 28 yet!!! ah, what to do? Im glad you made it 28 still looking hot as ever! Happy Birthday (a little late!)