Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Birdies

Next weekend I am co-hosting a baby shower for one of my best friends Debra. She is having a little girl in May and I am so excited for her. Her sister-in-law is my co-host, and thankfully, is a wonderful cook which means I get to be in charge of decorations! I am going with a birdie theme that matches Debra's extremely cute nursery. I won't go into too much detail since Debra is an avid reader of my blog : ). But one thing I want to share are these cute paper birds that I made. As I was searching for ideas I came across something similar (which I now can't find to give them credit!) and thought, I could make that.  They probably could have turned out better had I spent a little more time...I made all of them during one nap time. I am not completely sure how they will be used at the shower, but I thought they have the potential for so many different uses. What would you do with them? Stay tuned to see how the shower turns out, it's gonna be cute!

All the materials. I went through my magazines and tore out pages with an interesting pattern in colors I wanted.
First created a stencil, then traced onto cardboard from an old cracker box.
Cut out shape from cardboard and attached legs with tape. I used floral wire and formed two toes and then wrapped the extras up the leg. Cut the paper into a smaller square about 5x5.
I then randomly folded around the cardboard. When I got it to my liking I Mod Podged it.
Here they all are! I'm really liking the gray one with just words.

4 comments:

dooleynoted said...

These are so adorable! Can't wait to see them incorporated into the shower :)

KYLE AND LISA said...

SO darling, I love these! ...could you hang them from fishing line from a chandelier, or the ceiling in a group above the gift table or something? :)

dooleynoted said...

These are adorable!! I might be copying these for my Spring decor :)

Tim and Debra said...

I feel so special you are taking the time making me birdies!!! Love the shower insight. :)