Monday, February 7, 2011

Pizza Pizza!

Okay, last Monday didn't happen we were in Mammoth (cute snowsuit pics to come!). Here is another recipe I think you should try. Many of you have probably made homemade pizza at some point, this is actually a staple meal at our house, it is so easy. We buy the dough at Trader Joe's, but some pizza places sell their dough too. And you can put on pretty much any sauce and toppings your heart desires. This is what I made the other night, delicious! First I roasted peppers and garlic (like I said I am into roasting veggies : ) ) I also roasted eggplant, but it turned out nasty, I will have to try that again. After prepping the dough (see below) I topped it with regular pizza sauce, mozzarella, goat cheese, the peppers and garlic and baked for about 8 min, until it gets browned and bubbly. Once out of the oven I added fresh basil. It was beautiful and tasty!

Dough tips:
*Take the dough out of the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before using.
*Add just a little flour to keep it from sticking, pull into a ball, and then turn it slowly like a steering wheel allowing it to stretch into a circle. Keep doing this slowly, working on the needed areas and you should get a pretty good circle. Once it is big, place it on the cooking surface and pull it into place, fixing any little tears.
*Bake just the dough for a couple of minutes (apparenlty if you have a pizza stone this is not necessary) and then flip it before you put the toppings on. This prevents it from getting soggy in the middle.
*Try doing it directly on the BBQ gives it a good smokey flavor.

1 comment:

Ryan and Camille said...

fun tip kasey! hope youre doing well, id love to see you again!